Sunday, January 23, 2011
Innocence in Bliss
Innocence in Bliss, in my opinion, perfectly describes that one summer everyone has before finally entering the "hell" we call High School. I felt like I could really connect with this piece. As I too was a former Woodside Warrior, I can remember the building, Home EC class, and 8th grade graduation. I remember having that same feeling of endless time and being invincible. I loved how both pieces, Innocence in Bliss and Hooked, made a clear image of a wonderful summer vacation, but Innocence in Bliss was just more familiar to me. It seems like that has to be every one's summer before High School, feeling like nothing could ever make you feel like this again, but knowing in the back of your mind that once August rolls around, everything will change. Also, I can resonate with the the first two sentences in the first paragraph, "As I was cruising down 69 in my baby blue Focus, Alicia Keys and Usher’s acclaimed song, “My Boo” began to blare on the radio. My mind immediately raced to the summer before I became a freshman at Homestead High School ." Just hearing a song, lyric, or melody can trigger a storm of memories, good or bad. But whether we like it or not, those memories are there, and sometimes they can remind us of what life used to be, and maybe we can change our futures just by remembering.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment